Fail to use USB-Key/USB-Shield with wine USB patch :cannot start service 'SCardSvr':win error code:0x00000424

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Mon Jan 17 07:10:12 CST 2011

* On Mon, 17 Jan 2011, Qian Hong wrote:

> Dear all, after replacing winscard.dll by native windows dll and
> setting the native winscard.dll by default with winecfg,
> I got a new result,Screenshot here: http://goo.gl/7gWbt ,
> this is  the same as that the regist is modified in Windows XP:
> http://goo.gl/VNn2N

Thanks for investigation:)
You should open new bug for this, I guess.

> wine tokenadmin.exe
>
> fixme:wtsapi:WTSRegisterSessionNotification Stub 0x50086 0x00000000
> fixme:wtsapi:WTSQuerySessionInformationA Stub (nil) 0xffffffff 8
> 0x32f2c4 0x32f2c0
> fixme:wtsapi:WTSRegisterSessionNotification Stub 0x50086 0x00000000
> fixme:win:RegisterDeviceNotificationA (hwnd=0x20072,
> filter=0xe8e9c4,flags=0x00000000) returns a fake device notification
> handle!
> fixme:wtsapi:WTSRegisterSessionNotification Stub 0x50086 0x00000000
> fixme:wtsapi:WTSRegisterSessionNotification Stub 0x50086 0x00000000
> fixme:wtsapi:WTSRegisterSessionNotification Stub 0x50086 0x00000000
> fixme:win:UnregisterDeviceNotification (handle=0xcafecafe), STUB!
> After using native wtsapi32.dll and winsta.dll, there is no
> fixme:wtsapi message.

It seems these fixmes are harmless, so none of these two overrides should
be needed.  This should be verified only after fixing previous stuff, IMHO.

> $ wine tokenadmin.exe
> fixme:win:RegisterDeviceNotificationA (hwnd=0x10090,
> filter=0xe8e9c4,flags=0x00000000) returns a fake device notification
> handle!
> fixme:win:UnregisterDeviceNotification (handle=0xcafecafe), STUB!
>
> I know that the native user32.dll is not compatible with wine. I'm
> afraid that I have no idea now.

What's not working now with this configuration for you?
Probably could be reported with via separate bugreport:)

> But if possible, I'll be gladly to help to test everything about wine
> usb supporting.

Well, IIRC the USB patch you mentioned isn't officially supported by Wine
(for now), so you could ask it's author Alexander Morozov and then Wine
headquarters (here or on IRC) on how to integrate it public way (if
possible in short run at all).

This would probably lead to several or even more additional bug reports.

S.