New winetricks 20110117-alpha: new verbs dxdiag, firefox4, ut3, hegemonygold_demo, dxdiagn, pngfilt; new svn repo, download url

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Jan 17 12:30:09 CST 2011

Another fortnight, another winetricks.

New version 20110117-alpha adds the following new verbs:

firefox4 - beta9 of Firefox's new web browser
ut3 - the first-person shooter Unreal Tournament 3 (requires dvd)
hegemonygold_demo - the strategy game Hegemony Gold,
dxdiag - Microsoft's native dxdiag app

plus many less noticable improvements.  It should be
ready to replace classic winetricks now... let me know if
you find it lacking.

Also, to celebrate the new version (and foil domain squatters),
I've given it an easier to remember download url:
  http://winetricks.org/winetricks-alpha

and svn repository / bug tracker:
  http://winetricks.googlecode.com

(The old download url at kegel.com/wine/winetricks-alpha will
still work, they're symlinked.)

Changelog:

Dan Kegel:
Added new verbs dxdiag, dxdiagn, firefox4, pngfilt
vc2005express: switched to offline installer to make regression testing easier
ie6: make png images work (thanks to Qian Hong for the bug report)
Allow changing -q from main menu
Experimentally mention WINEPREFIX in window title to help avoid user confusion
Don't make zenity bigger than the screen, if we can help it.
Leave less cruft in wineprefix (in particular, autohotkey)
Sped up script a bit more in cygwin

Phil Blankenship:
Ported most of the remaining verbs from classic winetricks

Shannon Vanwagner:
Added new verb hegemenygold_demo

Scott Jackson:
Added new verb ut3