New winetricks 20110117-alpha: new verbs dxdiag, firefox4, ut3, hegemonygold_demo, dxdiagn, pngfilt; new svn repo, download url

Rosanne DiMesio dimesio at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 17 17:14:57 CST 2011

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 12:33:28 -0700
Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel at kievinfo.com> wrote:

> Isn't that exactly why we marked all other scripts like this a "third party
> unsupported tools"? If you moving the same direction, then winetricks will
> fall into the same category - if you using it, ask Dan, don't bother asking
> people on forum, filing bugs, etc.

We already treat winetricks like that. I know I'm constantly telling users to reinstall to a clean wineprefix with no winetricks. The winetricks wiki page tells users explicitly not to report bugs here if they have used winetricks to install native dlls, and has a link to winezeug to report bugs in winetricks itself. I don't see any of that changing.

That said, I do think winetricks has become bloated. JMHO.

--
Rosanne DiMesio <dimesio at earthlink.net>