Implementing basic_string::substr in msvcp90

Daniel Mierswa impulze at impulze.org
Thu Jan 20 10:53:53 CST 2011

Hey list,
I was wondering how to implement substr in msvcp90/string.c. I followed
the already existing code when implementing some operators and other
things my application needed but I'm not sure how to construct a new
string (rather allocate) and return it as it's the case with substr.
Any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance.

--
Mierswa, Daniel

If you still don't like it, that's ok: that's why I'm boss. I simply
know better than you do.
               --- Linus Torvalds, comp.os.linux.advocacy, 1996/07/22