urlmon: Fix various typos/misspellings

Andrew Eikum andrew at brightnightgames.com
Fri Jul 22 19:03:09 CDT 2011

On 07/22/2011 06:49 PM, Frédéric Delanoy wrote:
> 2011/7/22 Dan Kegel<dank at kegel.com>:
>>> -/* List of 3 character top level domain names Windows seems to recognize.
>>> +/* List of 3 characters top level domain names Windows seems to recognize.
>>
>> That change is incorrect.  In English, 'character' should be singular there.
>> (This occurs twice in your patch.)
>
> Interesting. Could you pls give me pointers explaining this peculiar
> English grammar rule?

A "number-noun" adjective does not use the noun's plural form. Other
examples are "four-wheel drive," "seven-day trip" and "three-lane
highway." I think they're easier to read with hyphens, but it's really a
matter of preference.

This is the best reference I could find:
http://www.grammar-quizzes.com/adjective.html

Andrew