[docs] winedev: Update code columns limit (resend)

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sat Jul 23 17:02:48 CDT 2011

On Mon, 4 Jul 2011, André Hentschel wrote:
[...]
> -	    Code is usually limited to 80 columns. This helps prevent
> -	    mailers mangling patches by line wrap. Also it generally
> +	    Code is usually limited to 100 columns. It generally

I'd prefer to keep the 80 columns recommandation.

With 80 columns one can nicely fit files side by side on a laptop with a
typical 1024 horizontal resolution whereas with 100 colums one would end
up with the hair comb effect thus making the code unreadable. Also 100
seems close enough to 80 that I'm not sure it actually provides any of
the benefits that longer lines are supposed to provide (if they are
supposed to provide any).

The nice thing about meditation is that it makes doing nothing quite respectable
                                  -- Paul Dean