I need someone to present at the Desktop summit in my steed (Berlin)

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Mon Jul 25 18:04:15 CDT 2011

External events are preventing me from leaving the country these next
few weeks, and I'll be missing the Desktop Summit in Berlin on Monday,
Aug 8th.  This is the venue to talk to our friends responsible for
Freedesktop.org, Gnome, KDE, Unity, and others.

https://www.desktopsummit.org/program
https://www.desktopsummit.org/venue

The stated topic is "Making Wine less broken", although this can be more
constructively phrased as "What Wine needs from the Desktop".  Many of
the recent problems with the Wine user experience have come from desktop
environments breaking some of their historical "windows-like way" of
doing things while not considering the Wine case: this conference
presents us with an opportunity to engage and have Wine handled properly.

Any volunteers?  I'd be more than willing to talk with you personally
and adapt the presentation however you like.

Also if you have any particular content that you'd like to make sure
gets said, post it in this thread as well :)

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie