d3d8/tests: make sure to use return values (LLVM/Clang)

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Tue Jul 26 12:28:13 CDT 2011

On Tuesday 26 July 2011 17:33:54 Jacek Caban wrote:
> On 07/26/11 17:22, Henri Verbeet wrote:
> > No, I disagree with the basic idea that stricter tests are necessarily
> > better. The advantage of SUCCEEDED is that it's *less* strict.
>
> We won't agree on that.
I prefer comparison against S_OK(or D3D_OK, which is just S_OK) for the ok()
lines and SUCCEEDED/FAILED for figuring out control flow inside the tests. At
least until a Windows version or driver returns a success value other than
D3D_OK.

But either way that's not a strong opinion. I am fine with either way, and I
think I've used SUCCEEDED/FAILED myself for ok() statements mostly because
Henri has used it and to keep the code consistent.