[2/3] kernel32/heap: Fix some hacks in GlobalMemoryStatus(). (try 2)

Adam Martinson amartinson at codeweavers.com
Mon Jun 6 09:34:04 CDT 2011

On 06/03/2011 03:29 PM, Adam Martinson wrote:
> On 06/03/2011 03:06 PM, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
>> Adam Martinson<amartinson at codeweavers.com>  writes:

>>> I don't know of any way to do this with the current testing framework,
>>> and I think the apps that require it (DNS7 is the only one I know of)
>>> give us a clear enough picture.  If there are other apps that need
>>> specific things out of this kind of behavior then I'll try to figure
>>> out some way to incorporate it in the tests.
>> There's absolutely no reason for that flag to be inherited across
>> processes. You can't just try things at random until they happen to fix
>> your app, particularly not when the result is such a horrible mess. That
>> should be a hint that there's something wrong with your hypothesis.
>>
> Alright, I'll do some more research before going further.

I'm sure this isn't a surprise, but looks like my premise was wrong:
<http://nuance.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3784/~/installation-returns-a-negative-amount-of-memory>.
Since Windows doesn't figure it out I guess we don't need to either xD
We can probably use the same workaround as for Photoshop 4 in 3/3.