Simple Windows Diaglogue App

Lewis McLean Lewis.McLean at zonal.co.uk
Wed Jun 8 07:31:57 CDT 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to compile a simple windows dialogue app over to run on *nix
with winelib. I'm looking at it as proof of concept for porting a larger
application over.

I've been getting errors from gcc to do with vc++ casting, where it
loses precision.

LinuxPort.cpp: In function 'int WinMain(HINSTANCE__*, HINSTANCE__*,
CHAR*, int)':

LinuxPort.cpp:34: error: cast from 'CHAR*' to 'WORD' loses precision

LinuxPort.cpp:39: error: cast from 'CHAR*' to 'WORD' loses precision

winegcc: i486-linux-gnu-g++ failed

Ive tried to use static_cast<> and also c-style casting using () but
can't seem to get it working.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Lewis