Ge (Greg) van Geldorp

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 22:32:26 CDT 2011

On 6/10/11 2:59 PM, Austin English wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 16:37, Wolfram Sang<wolfram at the-dreams.de>  wrote:
>>> The sad news reached me two days ago that Ge (Greg) van Geldorp passed
>>> away. Please find below the mail from his brother.
>> This is sad news indeed. The testbot he created is tremendously useful and a
>> great achievement. He also was always helpful and nice when I asked him
>> about it. His presence will be missed, yet he will be remembered.
>> Condolences to his family and friends.
> My condolences to his family and friends as well. His contributions
> were greatly appreciated and won't be forgotten.
>
> As a more permanent memorial, perhaps we could dedicate the next
> (stable) Wine release to his memory.

Ge's efforts with VMWare got all of the Wine Developers access for no
cost to VMWare Fusion and his construction and maintenance of the
Testbot system are appreciated by all the developers who use it.
Without it, we would not be where we are today in the level and depth of
Wine development and conformance testing.

My condolences to his family, his friends and those in the Wine
community that met him, either in person or 'over the wire'.  His
presence here will be missed and is one to be emulated.

James McKenzie