GSoC: dinput8 Action Mapping

Marcus Meissner marcus at jet.franken.de
Tue Jun 14 05:52:41 CDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 07:17:04PM -0300, Lucas Zawacki wrote:
> OK, so here is my second try at some patches. These mostly implement
> keyboard action mapping and there's plenty of tests to go together
> with it. I believe the keyboard part is pretty much done, as is
> SetActionMap. Of course I'm ignoring the username strings and all the
> device ownership part, I'll leave that for later.
>
> As before I'll leave the patches here to get some feedback before I
> try to commit.

Looks good to me. I spotted one small flaw in binary logic:

> +/* This is used for the action mapping of constants such as DIKEYBOARD_SPACE */
> +static DWORD keyboard_semantic_to_obj_id(DWORD dwSemantic)
> +{
> +    /* dwSemantic=810004df is dwObjID=0xdf04 */
> +    return 0x0000ffff & ( (dwSemantic << 8) | (dwSemantic >> 8) );
> +}

The >>8 shift will drag in bits 16-23 from dwSemantic, which is probably not intended.

(think dwSemantic = 0x4242df04  , it will roate in the 0x42)

dwSemantic &= 0x0000ffff;

before the operation will help.

If no negative comments appear, please post them as 1 patch per email to wine-patches ;)

Ciao, Marcus