Re: GSoC-2011: Implement Missing Mesh Functions in Wine’s D3DX9

Dylan Smith dylan.ah.smith at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 22:50:32 CDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 4:08 PM, Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmx.at> wrote:
> I'll have to do some more background reading on the kind of mesh data structures used here before I can give qualified comments on your patches, so for now I'll yield to Dylan :-)

I looked over the latest patches, and the code looks good now, but I
have a couple of nitpicks for the comments.

+/* ConvertAdjacencyToPointReps helper function.
+ *
+ * Goes around the edges of a face and replaces the vertices in any adjacent

(changed word is in caps, but capitalization not needed)
 * Goes around the edges of EACH face...

+ * The vertices in a point representation must be ordered sequentially, e.g.
+ * index 3 holds the index of the vertex that replaces vertex 3, i.e. if
+ * vertex 3 is replaced by vertex 5 then index 3 would contain 5. If no vertex
+ * replaces it, then it contains the same number as the index itself, e.g.
+ * index 3 would contain 3. */

Your example has vertex 5 replacing vertex 3, which doesn't seem
possible if lower vertex indices always replace higher vertex indices.