[2/6] Make ComboBoxEx send CBEN_ENDEDIT when selecting from the dropdown list

Nikolay Sivov bunglehead at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 12:52:22 CDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 6:57 PM, Jay Yang <jkelleyy at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Could you please add a test for that? It's possible to explicitly send
>> WM_COMMAND I guess. This could be done as a next patch if you're sure
>> it works right. But in general it should come with a fix.
> Hi Nikolay,
>
> Do you have a suggestion on how to simulate selecting an element from the dropdown list? Should I just send a CBN_DROPDOWN message followed by a CBN_CLOSEUP to the ComboBoxEx?

Yes,  this could work I think. Sometimes it's a pain to get a reliable
test for controls that are made from another ones, because interaction
between them differs or creation order differs between native a
wine's.

If it's not worth it, it's ok to add simple separate test application
to reproduce that, link it with a patch or as another message to
wine-devel. Just to have more information about what this patch fixes.