Dylan Smith : d3dx9/tests: Added tests for D3DXCreateSkinInfo.

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Jun 24 09:56:53 CDT 2011

Dylan wrote:
-            exp_weights[1] = FP_NAN;
+            exp_weights[1] = 0.0f / 0.0f;

It's a bit strange to see 0 being replaced with infinity.  What is
your intent in that line?
FP_NAN probably isn't what you think it is.

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 9:44 AM, Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at
gmx.at> wrote:
> I'd appreciate a portable solution for generating NaN and Inf values as well,
> I have the same problem with wined3d in visual studio.

libxml2 has a nifty function trio_nan() which wraps all the portable
ways of doing it.  See e.g.
http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/libxml2/libxml2-4/libxml2/trionan.c
- Dan