USB Osciloscope

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Wed Mar 2 00:15:28 CST 2011

> I have a USB osciloscope (Link Instruments DSO 8002) that I am quite
> motivated to get working in wine.  I have followed the instructions to
> install the USB patches.  The osciloscope software works fine in demo
> mode, but it still cannot find the device.  I have spent some time
> messing around with this, but I am new to wine, so I am a little lost.
> I am a half decent c programmer, so If somebody could point me in the
> right direction I should be able to get this working.
>
> I have gotten error message usbd.sys failed to load.
>
> I don't know if this program requires functions that wine does not
> support or I have just failed to install something correctly.
>
> I have attached lsusb and winedump -x output
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

usbd.sys sounds like a kernel driver. I'm not sure those are supported,
even for USB.

I had a logic analyzer that I managed to get working (sort of - the GUI
did not work well with Wine). It used the FTDI drivers, so I found Linux
version of the same drivers, and created a winelib wrapper for them
under the same name as the Windows version.

Your driver seems to be for a driver called "ezusb". Try finding linux
drivers for them ("ezusb linux drivers" returned
http://www.linux-usb.org/ezusb/, for example. There is also
http://www.cypress.com/?id=4&rID=29746).

Hope this helps,
Shachar