RFC: mmap override patch #2

Chris Robinson chris.kcat at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 16:26:02 CST 2011

An updated attempt at the mmap override patch that I previously sent. This
version properly uses a signed type for the mmap wrapper (as off_t/off64_t are
signed types), fixes a few things with the munmap wrapper relating to
truncated and sliced file_views, and implements a mremap wrapper for Linux.

There's some debugging stuff left in the mremap wrapper since I have yet to
catch anything that uses it, particularly using ERR instead of TRACE and an
explicit abort() call so it isn't missed. There's also a %lld formatter in the
mmap wrapper that will be fixed later.

I'd be interested to hear how well it does or doesn't work, as well as any
comments or critiques on the code.