Help: afxctl.h missing

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Sun Mar 13 06:19:17 CDT 2011

Am Samstag 12 März 2011, 06:56:53 schrieb Jaytirth S. Khairatkar:
> Hello,
>
> I am getting the following error when I am trying to compile in Winelib
> error: afxctl.h: No such file or directory
> How should I resolve this?
I think this file is part of MFC, and Wine does not implement MFC. A while ago
it was possible to compile mfc as a winelib dll. Alternatively you can use
plain PE files and bundle them with Wine, if you only want to run the
application on x86 platforms.

Whatever technical solution you choose also make sure that you honor all legal
requirements for bundling MFC. MFC can be redistributed in binary form, but
you have to meet certain conditions to do this.