[GSoC] Implementing missing DirectInput8 features

Lucas Zawacki lfzawacki at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 15:52:14 CDT 2011

Hello, I'm Lucas Fialho Zawacki a Computer Science undergrad at UFRGS
university in Brazil. I'm very interested in working with Wine for the
Google Summer of Code and have decided to approach the implementation
of DirectInput8 missing features. I'm a long time Wine user, but I'd
never looked at it from a developer point of view, so for the past few
days I have been reading Wine's developer documentation and
familiarizing myself with it's architecture and with the parts I
intend to work on.

At the moment, I don't have a clear understanding of how the
implementation should be done so I'm reading a lot of material about
dinput and dinput8 and building some documentation to help me. After
some polishing  I hope to be able to contribute it to Wine too.

A little word about me. I've been using the C programming language for
almost three years, so I'm very familiar with it. For the last two
years I've worked on a research project as a C/C++ programmer,
implementing a decision system for a F180 Small Size League Robot
Soccer Team (see http://small-size.informatik.uni-bremen.de/) and
http://code.google.com/p/robopet/ . I'm a heavy Linux user and I'm
very comfortable with it's tools used for programming.

That's it. I'm eager to get your feedback about this. My proposal will
be ready in a few days.

--
http://www.twitter.com/lfzawacki
http://www.linesocode.wordpress.com