[GSoC] Merge winecfg and Control Panel

wine.dev at web.de wine.dev at web.de
Fri Mar 25 01:39:26 CDT 2011

Dear Tony

Welcome to Wine.

> > After all the searches, I still do not have an overall idea of how to
> create an control panel applet. From my current understanding, if I put the
> cpl (dll) file in "~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/", wine control will
> recognize it automatically, right?

When you add a new cpl, the wine build system does this for you.

> If so, is there any instructions on how to build a simple applet under wine
> (even one that does nothing could work for me). I'd really like to try
> create and build some test applet in order to understand it better.

As always: Read the source.
What you try to do (test applet) is how i started with inetcpl.cpl a while ago.

git has a web interface with a history and the first commit for inetcpl.cpl is a minimalistic control applet.
( http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/history/HEAD:/dlls/inetcpl.cpl )

--
by by ...  Detlef