[GSoC] Implementing missing DirectInput8 features

Lucas Zawacki lfzawacki at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 16:32:49 CDT 2011

The part about semantics is getting clearer to me. Apparently, like
Vitality pointed, it's more about relating the joysticks (or
"directinput devices") to the various game genres and actions
constants defined in the microsoft's dinput.h and then Action Mapping
will simply consist of polling all the connect devices and informing
the application when a keypress triggers an action.

This page http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb172238%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
is the best documentation about the subject that I have found until
now. Does anyone have another source of info to suggest?

--
http://www.twitter.com/lfzawacki
http://www.linesocode.wordpress.com