w9x/ME users, please test (mciGet/SetYieldProc)

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Mon Mar 28 07:30:21 CDT 2011

Hi,

Testbot job #10124 contains a test that works perfectly on machines since w2k,
but much to my surprise, mciGetYieldProc returns NULL,0 on testbot's win9x machines.

If you have a w9x or a WinME machine, I'd appreciate if you could run the test too.

Download & invoke winmm_test.exe midi
http://testbot.winehq.org/GetFile.pl?JobKey=10124&StepKey=2
test & patch code:
http://testbot.winehq.org/GetFile.pl?JobKey=10124&StepKey=1

If you happen to know why mciGet/SetYieldProc yield NULL/FALSE,
please let me hear.  NULL looks like an error status
than a valid "old value is truly NULL" result.

mciSetYieldProc returns FALSE as an error indicator, whereas I'd expect
mciSetYieldProc(id,NULL,<any>) to be a valid call.

Testbot's w9x machines return:
mci.c:639: Test failed: original yieldproc 00000000
mci.c:640: Test failed: Break key is vkey 0
mci.c:643: Test failed: mciSetYieldProc NULL
mci.c:648: Test failed: Break key changed to vkey 0
mci.c:664: Test failed: Break key changed to vkey 0
mci.c:674: Test failed: mciSetYieldProc restore

Thank you,
 Jörg Höhle