[2/3] winex11.drv: Don't modify current state if glXMakeCurrent fails.

Matteo Bruni matteo.mystral at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 11:55:18 CDT 2011

2011/3/29 Roderick Colenbrander <thunderbird2k at gmail.com>:
> I'm not sure if the only value error wglMakeCurrent should return is
> INVALID_HANDLE. What if glXMakeCurrent fails because of an invalid
> context? The return value may be similar, but don't remember for sure.
>
> Roderick

Practically speaking it seems to be very dependent on the specific GL
driver used. For example, current Nvidia Windows drivers just accept a
wglMakeCurrent call with a destroyed context (no errors at all), while
I think AMD drivers crash in the same case. I'm not sure I
specifically tested that on glX too, but in general, failing on a
destroyed drawable was the only consistent "edge case" behavior I
found.