msvcrt: Add tests to show that utime() can take a NULL-pointer for the utimbuf structure field

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Tue May 3 11:23:39 CDT 2011

Louis,

>Anything i could do to improve to get it in?
Perhaps http://source.winehq.org/patches/
shows that you should get rid of the one apply failure.

Basically, your patch does the right thing, as MSDN says
"If times is a NULL pointer, the modification time is set to the current local time."
-- like POSIX.

>-#if(0) /* FIXME: this test crashes wine, remove this line when wine is fixed */
People here prefer if(0) so that the compiler can still validate the form of the code.
I've been even been using
if (winetest_debug>1)
so I can direct testbot to run the additional test.

Finally, why not merge the two? After all, it's one change, and several tests.

Why do you call it test_utime() since you don't verify the effects of utime()?

Regards,
 Jörg Höhle