wineoss.drv: Add mmdevapi driver.

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sat May 7 03:44:16 CDT 2011

On Fri, 6 May 2011, Andrew Eikum wrote:
[...]
> You might find some relevant information searching config.log for
> "oss_sysinfo". The configure changes that Julliard added use the oss_sysinfo
> structure to check that you have OSSv4 installed.
>
> If Wine is trying to build wineoss.drv, then you must have oss_sysinfo. If you
> have oss_sysinfo, then you have OSSv4. If you have OSSv4, then you should have
> all of the above symbols, but apparently you don't. So I suspect it's
> something amiss with your OSSv4 implementation, and that's where I would begin
> investigating.
>
> Does that help you diagnose the problem?

My understanding (from a bit of Googling some time ago, hopefully
someone more expert can chime in) is that FreeBSD does not implement
OSSv4: their OSS evolved from OSSv3 independently and now has
essentially the same feature set but is not 100% API compatible. That's
probably the cause of this build error.

 The greatest programming project of all took six days; on the seventh day the
  programmer rested. We've been trying to debug the *&^%$#@ thing ever since.
                      Moral: design before you implement.