Question about the fSources argument to SHChangeNotifyRegister

Jay Yang jkelleyy at gmail.com
Mon May 23 22:23:37 CDT 2011

Hi,

Could someone who understands the fSources argument to
SHChangeNotifyRegister explain it to me? MSDN says it can take some
combination of SHCNRF_InterruptLevel, SHCNRF_ShellLevel,
SHCNRF_RecursiveInterrupt, and SHCNRF_NewDelivery. I've looked at the
source and it seems that the only one wine handles differently is
SHCNRF_NewDelivery, so what do the others mean? MSDN says something
about it but quite frankly I don't know what the difference between
interrupt level and shell level notifications are. Also the the only
place in the tree where wine uses this function, in
dlls/shell32/shlview.c, it gets passed SHCNF_IDLIST, which isn't even
one of the values. SHCNF_IDLIST happens to be defined as 0, but I think
that's irrelevant.

Thanks
--
Jay Yang