Tahoma Font License

Mark Page rombust at hotmail.co.uk
Wed May 25 09:52:00 CDT 2011

I am a bit confused by the Wine "tahoma" license: "Wine Tahoma Regular" ... GNU Lesser General Public License 2.1

It would be useful to add the font to the ClanLib SDK resources (ClanLib has a zlib style license)

It is not clear how a font can be licensed using LGPL, since LGPL is based around software libraries.

Ideally I feel it should have a creative commons license

I believe Creative commons did not exist when that font was created

(I initially posted this message to forum.winehq.org, and it was suggested that I should post here instead)

Mark.