RFC: d3d9: Increment the reference count of the IDirect3D9 instance when creating a device.

Andrew Nguyen anguyen at codeweavers.com
Tue May 31 06:55:21 CDT 2011

The Pathologic demo in bug 21552 expects that the reference count of a
IDirect3D9 instance is incremented after a successful call to
CreateDevice with the instance.

Does my proposed fix for d3d8 and d3d9 manage the reference count of the
device parent appropriately? In particular, I'm concerned about the
slightly cumbersome acquisition of the pointer to the parent instance
within the Release call for the Direct3D device interface. Is the
overall location of the AddRef/Release calls correct, and should I be
doing something differently when the device tries to decrement the
parent reference count?