MS XInput*.dll implementation

GOUJON Alexandre ale.goujon at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 10:23:34 CDT 2011

On 11/01/2011 03:11 PM, Alexey Loukianov wrote:
> a) [...] What I've got available to do the tests are three Windows-based PCs
You should have a look at https://testbot.winehq.org/ which let you
submit a patch on several (VMware'd) Windows machines.
But I doubt there is any input devices in these virtual machines. Can
someone confirm/infirm this ?
> the only "game input device" I have on hand is
You can also ask people here (or on IRC) to test your patches if they
have the hardware.
If you read wine-devel archives, you'll find that, from time to time,
some people ask to test a patch for a new Gecko release or to run some
tests on (mutli-channel) soundcards in order to better understand how it
works.
> b) I'm pretty limited with Linux-only as a host system for Wine.
And so do I and probably most of people here.
You know, tests are run every (working) day on several machines : keep
an eye on the results and provide meaningful error messages to help you
fix your code. (see http://test.winehq.org/data/)
Of course, if your code depends on OS-specific features, you can wrap
your code with defines.
And when you'll submit something, you're code will be reviewed so you'll
got some feedback.