Vista/w2k8/w7 users, please test mmdevapi base render test

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Thu Oct 6 05:39:31 CDT 2011

Hi

thank you for your results.

Please test again using
https://testbot.winehq.org/JobDetails.pl?Key=14738

+ The crash in session tests should be gone, while
render.c:887: Test failed: Initialize failed: 8889000f
is left in until we gather more knowledge about sessions.

+ the exclusive mode should be handled correctly now, except

- 5:1 IsSupported vs Initialize unchanged until we know more about 5:1 cards.

- volume failure unchanged, I don't know those tests.

(Saulius, a quick test is enough if there's no more issue)

>And how does the test handle multiple soundcards?
Not at all. The tests uses solely the default multimedia rendering device.
I'm not aware of another test (devenum would be the candidate) that enumerates
devices for us to check whether Wine did a good job, like the winmm:wave and midi test do.

BSD and other Wine users may also be interested in the tests, e.g. Francois' BSD81 system crashed
http://test.winehq.org/data/e5ba60174ef931d299894bc1e8961c822f4809c4/bsd_fg-freebsd81-vm/mmdevapi:render.html
and there's now better protection against failures (not in all places though).

Regards,
 Jörg Höhle