[1/5] d3d8: Never announce support for palettized textures

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Mon Oct 10 05:52:58 CDT 2011

On Monday 10 October 2011 10:20:15 Henri Verbeet wrote:
> It's not really clear to me that refusing to create P8 surfaces in
> d3d8/9 really gains us much, or that it's really a prerequisite for
> the other patches.
I guess you've got a point here, if we just allow the surfaces we'll end up
with the same behavior as windows for probably the same reason - functionality
for ddraw is exposed via d3d8/9, but because d3d8/9 don't have P8 primaries it
is useless.

I'll still return D3DERR_INVALIDCALL from the palette setters/getters to
remove the d3d8/9 palette API from wined3d, which simplifies the code there. We
could implement them via the ddraw palette API, but without test cases showing
how they're supposed to work it would be a shot in the dark and most likely
dead code.