ddraw: Keep track of interface attached by AddAttachedSurface and detach correct interface when parent is released. (try 3)

Octavian Voicu octavian.voicu at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 08:02:09 CDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 11:12 AM, Saulius Krasuckas <saulius2 at ar.fi.lt> wrote:
> I am troubled by seeing (via test.winehq.org) your ddraw:refcount tests to
> account only results for "VMware SVGA 3D" adapter/driver (and only those
> with 3D acceleration disabled), I guess.
>
> But if this driver is 3D-enabled or just present real physical adapter
> (with no 3d acceleration) then ddraw:refcount contains 6 static failuDDSCAPS_3DDEVICEres
> such as:

Hi Saulius,

Thanks for pointing this out. I only tested with testbot and I guess
all of the machines use that adapter (at least the default ones do),
so that's why I didn't catch the error.

The application that I was debugging used stencil buffers, so I
sticked with those -- although I did have a feeling it's not a good
idea to test using DDSCAPS_3DDEVICE.

I'm going to write a patch to fix the tests by switching to more
general surface types and maybe also move the tests to dsurface.c.

@Henri: I was in doubt between refcount.c and dsurface.c when writing
the tests, but refcount.c allowed me to write the tests for both
IDirectDrawSurface and IDirectDrawSurface7 in the same function and so
reuse the caps for them. Now that I QI the v1 interface, maybe I can
still combine them somehow.

Octavian