Wine's configure script when cross-compiling

Roger Cruz roger_r_cruz at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 25 23:26:41 CDT 2011

I'm still attempting to cross-compile Wine to ARM and I'm running into many compile errors right off the bat.  I have tracked these down to the lack of HAVE_xxx in the config.h file generated from configure script.

Many of the functions being checked from this list fail when they are compiled by  ac_fn_c_check_func ()

for ac_func in \
    _finite \
    _isnan \
    _pclose \
    _popen \

     snprintf \
    spawnvp \
    statfs \
    statvfs \
    strcasecmp \
    strdup \
    strerror \

One example of a failure is strerror which does not compile because it is missing one argument

conftest.c:165: error: too few arguments to function 'strerror'

The code that generates conftest.c does not provide for an argument to strerror.   Why doesn't it?  And how does the configure script succeed when compiling for x86?

int
main ()
{
return $2 ();