kernel32: Fix writing to a pipe in WriteConsoleW().

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Sep 1 09:22:17 CDT 2011

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011, Eric Pouech wrote:
[...]
> you can safely provide the patches with protecting WriteConsole and friends
> with a if (!is_console_handle(???)) return FALSE; line

Would something like the attached patch be ok?
As far as I can see all the other APIs pretty much immediately pass the
handle to wineserver which I expect will complain if it's not a console
handle.

Further notes:
 * Performing the 'console handle check' locally would likely be faster
   but, except for WriteConsole maybe, this should usually be the case
   and is probably not performance critical anyway.
 * There are a few cases where we check for invalid parameters and
   return an error before the handle is checked by wineserver. It's
   possible that in such cases Windows checks the handle first. But
   unless we know of applications that need the right error code in
   these corner cases it does not justify adding an explicit check.

    I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on tape around here somewhere...