ws2_32: Avoid an unhandled read exception on WSAIoctl (resend)

GOUJON Alexandre ale.goujon at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 04:43:07 CDT 2011

On 09/02/2011 10:32 AM, Michael Stefaniuc wrote:
> Bruno Jesus wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 18:40, Bruno Jesus<00cpxxx at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> I don't get the same results here, can anyone help me to understand
>>> why it failed?
>>> 10014 = WSAEFAULT and I could not find this return value anywhere
>>> near, maybe due to threading?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Bruno
>>>
>> I see know that newer systems return a different value, should I add
>> an OR to the ok() or is there a better way like checking which OS is
>> running during the test?
> That and Wine should return the error that the modern Windows return.
>
> bye
> 	michael
If you read several tests, you will notice that :
- we don't use GetWindowsVersion()
- instead we detect old windows thanks to its odd behaviour (see for
instance [1])
- we mark broken() for some "bad" values returned by some (old) windows

If you don't understand the broken keyword, imagine you're writing some
code, in 2000.
You didn't notice a corner case where your function returns a wrong
value. Then, you fix your code in 2011.
In this example, you will have a broken() that catches all systems
running the old code (2000 <= version < 2011), and an ok() when version
 >= 2011.

And michael is right : wine should return the right "ok()" value, not
the "broken()" one.

---
[1] http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/?a=search&h=HEAD&st=grep&s=is_nt4