buildbot status

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Tue Sep 6 20:03:06 CDT 2011

On 09/01/2011 10:50 AM, Henri Verbeet wrote:
> Looking at this from a slightly different angle, I think that if you
> expect people to take buildbot results seriously, you should run it on
> a configuration that's known to be solid, so that people can be
> confident any failures are actual issues with the patch, instead of
> e.g. fglrx or Ubuntu breaking something again.

Finding out when Ubuntu breaks something is important too, and indeed
one reason I started the daily Ubuntu builds and will be doing them with
the development release.

A testbot can't really know if it was Ubuntu breaking something or us
breaking something that was only exposed on Ubuntu.  We can make prior
assumptions for individual machines though, such as it's usually fglrx's
fault, and adjust our behavior/failure warnings accordingly.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie