Auto-selecting local variable/parameters when 'p'rinting values using winedbg?

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at orange.fr
Mon Sep 12 15:08:56 CDT 2011

Le 12/09/2011 10:32, Frédéric Delanoy a écrit :
> 2011/9/12 Frédéric Delanoy<frederic.delanoy at gmail.com>:
>> I found that --file accepts the set of commands to execute (but
>> winedbg exits afterwards), but what does --command do?
> OK --command simply executes a single command and exits/continues the
> program until termination.
>> Is there a way to specify initial commands to execute, then stay
>> *inside* winedbg after the last command of the file is issued?
not currently
> Or maybe I should use stuff like 'expect' to do that?

IMO, the best solution would be to:
- let winedbg have a default init command file (say .winedbgrc) to be
loaded at startup
   (if the file exists in current directory, then in ~ directory...)
- add to generic options to winedbg:
     + the first one to give an alternate name to default .winedbgrc
file (or to locate it)
     + the second one to tell winedbg not to load the default file

regarding the 'expect' stuff, you can look at the automaton to test winedbg
https://github.com/ericZp/wdtp
not sure it fully matches what you want to do, but it can help

A+

--
Eric Pouech
"The problem with designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete idiot." (Douglas Adams)