winecfg: Remove driver selection from Audio tab.

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Mon Sep 26 09:50:22 CDT 2011

Hi,

I'm not satisfied with the removal of the audio tree from winecfg.
Beside allowing to switch or disable drivers, one key feature was to
allow inspecting the devices that winmm found on this system.

For instance, I've not yet had time to report a bug that since
wine-1.3.25, one such entry shows an empty name IIRC.

It allowed users to easily check whether e.g. Timidity was recognized
or whether "MIDI through" was the only output.

It allowed users to easily tell whether their 5:1 sound card was
recognized beside the default device.

Bugzilla shows 350 entries about winecfg & audio.  It had a use.

What are users supposed to do now?

Regards,
	Jörg Höhle