winecfg: Remove driver selection from Audio tab.

Andrew Eikum aeikum at codeweavers.com
Mon Sep 26 10:10:16 CDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 04:50:22PM +0200, Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com wrote:
> I'm not satisfied with the removal of the audio tree from winecfg.
> Beside allowing to switch or disable drivers, one key feature was to
> allow inspecting the devices that winmm found on this system.

The goal of that patch, like the subject says, was to remove driver
selection. Obviously a side-effect of removing that entire tree was
removing the list of detected devices. I personally don't really see
the use of listing the detected devices, which is why I just removed
the tree wholesale.

If folks find the device list useful, I wouldn't be at all opposed to
adding it again in some form (obviously it would use MMDevAPI directly
instead of WinMM like the old code... except for MIDI devices, I
guess). I am opposed to adding the driver selection functionality back
in, though.

Andrew