Odd audio regression (interaction between two commits)

Erich Hoover ehoover at mines.edu
Thu Sep 29 10:04:46 CDT 2011

A: 64b14c0ecdd13530a92ff636c451523a99253a0b (quartz: Start DirectSound
renderer as soon as possible.)
B: e786998daff4ad49521a4c9c39c172ddcdcad82a (dsound: Reimplement
rendering devices on mmdevapi.)

I've been working with the audio in Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas
for some time and I noticed a regression recently where the audio
stopped working properly after the main menu (commit B).  This
triggered a memory of a similar experience I had where commit A caused
the same behavior, but it only did so for PulseAudio users.  So, on a
hunch, I reverted commit A on the latest git and found that the audio
went back to normal again.  I'm not entirely sure what commit A could
do to cause this problem, and I know you guys are busy with the audio
changes, so if someone could point me in the right direction then I
will try and track this issue down.  Thanks!

Erich Hoover
ehoover at mines.edu