GSoC: Encryption - implement a DSS provider

Alexander Sulfrian alexander at sulfrian.net
Mon Apr 2 17:34:26 CDT 2012

Hi,
I am Alexander Sulfrian and I am currently studding computer science
at the "Freie Universität Berlin". I recently got my bachelor degree
and currently attending the second semester to get my master.

Last year, I took part in the GSoC for vlc and successfully
implemented a library to communicate with a sony minidisk player under
linux. So I am familiar with the general GSoC procedure.

This year, I like to attend the GSoC program of wine. Looking through
the ideas wiki page, the dss provider task looks very interesting. I
know C at an advanced level and think, that I am able to work on this
task. Additionally to that, I also done something in C# with .NET.

Sadly I am not very familiar with the wine source code and I do not
know where to implement this DSS providers. Could you guide me to the
correct location? What do you think are the next steps, if I want to
attend the GSoC program?

Thanks,
Alex