gdiplus: GdipDrawString is not supposed to use the layout rectangle for clipping. Take 2.

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Tue Apr 3 10:10:31 CDT 2012

Vincent Povirk <madewokherd at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried making a testcase for this, and I'm consistently seeing that
> native only draws text that lies inside the rectangle if a positive
> width or height are given. If I specify StringFormatFlagsNoClip then I
> see a slight difference. Without the flag, the last line of text is
> clipped at the given height; with the flag, it is fully shown as long
> as the top of that line lies inside the rectangle.

In the test I was investigating I see that not initialized width is positive
while height is negative which makes text be clipped out in Wine, while under
Windows text is not clipped, and the flags say nothing about clipping.

masm32 site is about programming in assembler, and language/compiler shouldn't
have anything to do with the resulting binary code.

I'll test more about negative vs. positive rect extents.

--
Dmitry.