Web based translation tool

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Wed Apr 4 09:05:16 CDT 2012

Hi

Dne Thu, 15 Mar 2012 10:12:14 -0500
Aric Stewart <aric at codeweavers.com> napsal(a):

> I do not know if Weblate will work or not.
>
> Basically we have 3 big requirements that have been sticking points for
> various solutions.
>
> 1) Real Names and e-mails for all contributors
>
> 2) Individual attribution for all translations. So we know exactly who
> changed what string.
>
> 3) Generate incremental diffs/patches/change sets divided based on
> translator.
>
> Generally it is #2 that has been the hardest for projects to cope with.

I think Weblate now does all you request here. The software still has
some rough edges, but I want to polish them on way to 1.0 release in
upcoming weeks.

To help you with deciding, I've set up test installation with Wine
sources. For now I've only imported master branch:

    http://wine.weblate.org/projects/wine/master/

Changes in Git repository are exported as:

    git://git.weblate.org/wine-master.git

Please note that due to enabled lazy commits, the repository will not
get changes made in web interface until it is needed or explicitly
requested.