user32: Menu should not be activated by menu key while mouse buttons are down.

Jan Boon jan.boon at kaetemi.be
Fri Aug 10 11:51:34 CDT 2012

Okay, will write a test case later today or tomorrow.

When trying to fix the issue I had, I noticed that in the function where it
currently handles the logic for the menu key, it only received messages
WM_MOUSEACTIVATE on pressing and WM_CAPTURECHANGED on release (in the
tested application), but no mouse down or up messages, which caused the
mouse down not to set the iMenuSysKey to 0 if the mouse button was pressed
after holding alt (and additionally it also needs to not select the menu
either when hitting alt while the mouse button is already down). (Also,
when trying this manually on linux, gnome desktop wm mouse-button-modifier
should be changed from Alt to something else, because it intercepts the
alt-mouse combos before wine sees them it seems.)

So, since the function is not receiving all the messages here, which I
assume are not all forwarded to the default handler by 3ds Max, would it be
better to hook into the messages or mouse status at an earlier point in the
code (to handle the first case where the mouse is pressed after alt)? And
is there a saner way that can be used here to check if the mouse is down
(when alt is pressed after mouse down)?