RFC: Remove auto-scan of ALSA devices from winealsa.drv

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 09:46:34 CST 2012

On 11 December 2012 16:05,  <Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com> wrote:
> Cost to users:
>
> Users with a working ALSA device "default" should experience no
> drawback, only benefits.  I believe this is the vast majority of users.
>
> Users that edit their ~/.asoundrc to define other devices without
> simultaneously overriding !default will have to additionally edit the
> Wine registry to name their working ALSA capture and render devices,
> e.g. "asnoop" and "amix".

It will also pretty much just remove device selection on setup with
multiple audio devices, which is actually fairly common these days
with USB audio devices and HDMI outputs on graphics cards. I think the
correct approach would to work with upstream ALSA to fix things,
instead of just removing device enumeration.