Help Splitting Patches

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at orange.fr
Mon Dec 31 02:40:30 CST 2012

Le 30/12/2012 22:52, Adam Martinson a écrit :
> Looking for some help splitting patch 3, not sure how I can cut it
> down any more without breaking stuff.  I'm guessing patch 9 will need
> splitting too, same problem.

I haven't checked whether it's really possible, but one way to go would
be to:
- create a dedicated structure like server_end for the server end-point
(instead of directly reusing the existing pipe_end)
- then patch by patch move elements from pipe_instance to server_end
     + options
     + fd
     + ...
- finally, when server_end and pipe_end have the same fields, just drop
server_end for pipe_end

HTH
A+