please test native behaviour with (un)pluggable audio devices

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Thu Feb 2 05:45:07 CST 2012

Hi,

please run the mmdevapi render and capture testsuites while
unplugging (or deactivating) audio HW. I'd like to hear how native
behaves prior to implementing error handling in Wine's drivers.

One way to run the testsuites is as follows:
1. Download winetest-xyz.exe from test.winehq;
2. winetest-xyz.exe /x will extract all exes into some directory;
3. set WINETEST_DEBUG=2
4. set WINETEST_INTERACTIVE=1 (not used yet, but soon)
5. mmdevapi_test.exe render
6. mmdevapi_test.exe capture

Esp., I'd like to know whether ReleaseBuffer ever signals an error
or if it's always the job of GetBuffer to do so. Then I'd like to know whether
primitives such as GetBufferSize fail too when the device is unplugged.

Note that the testsuite may crash because it doesn't expect loosing devices mid-way.

Thank you,
 Jörg Höhle