ID3DXBaseEffect::SetValue

Rico Schüller kgbricola at web.de
Mon Feb 6 12:51:29 CST 2012

Am 06.02.2012 18:23, schrieb Luis Carlos Busquets Pérez:
> The functin returns D3DERR_INVALIDCALL whenever it is tried on a
> parameter with elements. A check should be included.
Why do you think this is the case? How did you test this? I think it's
not possible to query the ID3DXBaseEffect interface (see
http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/blob/HEAD:/dlls/d3dx9_36/tests/effect.c#l161
). Beside that, please have a look at
http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/blob/HEAD:/dlls/d3dx9_36/tests/effect.c#l1585
, which calls ID3DXBaseEffect::SetValue through ID3DXEffect. There it
doesn't return D3DERR_INVALIDCALL for D3DXPC_SCALAR, D3DXPC_VECTOR,
D3DXPC_MATRIX_ROWS and Elements > 0. This should be tested by e.g.
http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/blob/HEAD:/dlls/d3dx9_36/tests/effect.c#l754
. Could you please a be a bit more specific, where the
D3DERR_INVALIDCALL is returned? Maybe on e.g. D3DXPT_PIXELSHADER, which
isn't implemented in wine, yet?

Cheers
Rico