winmm: TRACE unhandled messages

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Wed Feb 8 04:22:42 CST 2012

Andrew,

it's good that you log these now.  I had a question in mind since your winmm rewrite:

Your rewrite no more maps WOD_XYZ* messages to waveOut functions.
I believe that it is possible that an old app entirely uses the generic SendDriverMessage function
(esp. in the mciavi/msvfw area, cf. ICSendMessage) instead of the specific wave/midi* ones.
Can you be sure that this is not supported by native, esp. w9x?

If Wine does not map these, all we'll get to "hear" in AppDB is that attentive
people miss sound or music that they remember listening to 10 years ago on native.

Regards,
 Jörg Höhle