winealsa.drv patch to enum all software devices from .asoundrc

Нискородов Серёжа sghpunk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 14:50:33 CST 2012

> The only thing "plug:" would do that mmdevapi would need is sample type
> conversion.

Not only sample type, but sample rate to. For example, dmix plugin
have predefined samplerate for mixing, so if WINE send other
samplerate to it without "plug:" wrapper, in best case you will get
error message and no sound.

> FWIW, my custom dmix device for 5.1 Surround output shows up in aplay -L with
> a colon, as it's defined to accept arguments for the output device instead of
> hardcoding one, and neither plain 'dmix' or 'default' get listed. The only
> name without a colon is 'null'.

Seems like devices without a colon in names is only devices defined in
/etc/asound.conf or in ~/.asoundrc

> dmix51:CARD=NVidia,DEV=1
>    HDA NVidia, ALC888 Digital
>    Direct sample mixing device (5.1 Surround)
>
> All but "dmix51:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0" is completely useless

Do you can play wav mono 11025Hz directly to your dmix51 device?
Without "plug:" wrapper?
With my soundcard I can't.

So I can enumerate dmix*: devices to, I even can enumerate all
devices, but I see almost no sence in this.